You are here
EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS) Renewal 2022-2023
Begins:July 1, 2022
Ends:June 30, 2023
EBSCO Discovery Service is an all-inclusive search solution that makes in-depth research easy. The platform offers sophisticated features and functionality that anticipate user intent, helping them get to exactly what they are looking for quickly and easily.
Features and functionality include:
- Sophisticated Search — Rich metadata and superior relevance ranking technology
- Direct Access to Full Text — One-click access directly through the results list
- Intuitive Interface — Features and technology built on user research
- Superior Integrations — Apps and integrations with multiple platforms
- Exceptional Support — Set up and support from our highly skilled staff
Last updated: April 25, 2020
EBSCO statistics information available in our eHLbc Reports & Statistics training.
For detailed EDS statistics information check-out EBSCO's EDS Statistics guide and FAQ: What statistics in EBSCOadmin best reflect EBSCO Discovery Service usage?
- IP Authentication
- Remote Access
- Unlimited Authorized Users
e-HLbc Post-Secondary Sector member institutions are asked to respond through BC ELN, while e-HLbc Health Sector member institutions are asked to respond through e-HLbc.
New subscribers should contact e-HLbc at their earliest convenience to implement EDS which can take anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks. New subscribers will get access immediately after implementation.
Late joins to the license are welcome.
Pricing and Trial Access
Terms & Conditions
- License Start Date - July 1, 2021 is the license start date.
- 3-Year Commitment - EBSCO has agreed to an annual license; however, to lock in these deep discounts, BC ELN and e-HLbc have negotiated a 3-year good faith commitment for participants. Of course, in the case of economic emergencies, institutions may drop at the annual renewal with no penalty.
- Price increases - BC ELN and e-HLbc have negotiated that price increases for EDS will be no more than 2% annually until 2023.
EDS promotional material and further reading is available from the links below: