You are here
EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS) Renewal 2018-2019
Begins:July 1, 2018
Ends:June 30, 2019
EBSCO Discovery Service brings together the most comprehensive collection of content—including superior indexing from top subject indexes, high-end full text and the entire library collection—all within an unparalleled full-featured, customizable discovery layer experience.
EDS provides a fast, streamlined search through a single search box, but within the context of a greater experience that pulls together intuitive features and functionality, high-end indexing via Inclusion of Subject Indexes, and instant access to critical full text, leveraged from the leading EBSCOhost research platform and databases, as well as from key information providers.
Last updated: January 5, 2018
- IP Authentication
- Remote Access
- Unlimited Authorized Users
NOTE: e-HLbc Post-Secondary Sector member institutions are asked to respond through BC ELN, while e-HLbc Health Sector member institutions are asked to respond through e-HLbc.
To RENEW, no response is required from the following member institutions:
- Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia
- First Nations Health Authority
- Interior Health Authority
- Ministry of Children and Family Development / Ministry of Health
- Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia
To CANCEL or become a NEW SUBSCRIBER, Health Sector member institutions should contact e-HLbc by June 22, 2018.
New subscribers should contact e-HLbc at their earliest convenience to implement EDS which can take anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks. New subscribers will get access immediately after implementation.
Late joins to the license are welcome.
Pricing and Trial Access
Terms & Conditions
- License Start Date - July 1, 2017 is the license start date. However, BC ELN has negotiated rolling implementation. That means that those institutions who join the EDS subscription early could get free access once EDS has been set up for their institutions.
- 3-Year Commitment - EBSCO has agreed to an annual license; however, to lock in these deep discounts, BC ELN and e-HLbc have negotiated a 3-year good faith commitment for participants. Of course, in the case of economic emergencies, institutions may drop at the annual renewal with no penalty.
- Price increases - BC ELN and e-HLbc have negotiated that price increases for EDS will be no more than 2% annually until 2020.
EDS promotional material and further reading is available from the links below: