You are here
All Member Group
The All Member Group consists of one representative from each member institution.
eHLbc All Member Group representatives:
- Determine the overall direction and strategic goals of the consortium during the Strategic Planning processes;
- Have the final vote of approval for major financial decisions;
- Provide guidance in the acquisition of new resources through participation in the Electronic Suggestion Box and Ranking Survey;
- Engage their institution's/organisation's staff and administration for input, feedback, and communication of consortium needs when applicable;
- Advocate on behalf of eHLbc at their home institutions/organisations and to other external stakeholders.
The All Member Group meets in-person biennially to discuss issues of importance to the consortium. Should a situation arise requiring input from all eHLbc members, an All Member Group meeting would be an opportunity to discuss and/or endorse recommendations from the Management Committee.
Members of eHLbc are autonomous organizations with full authority over their own budgetary decisions. The business of the consortium must always strike a balance between the interests of individual members, the post-secondary and health sectors, and of eHLbc as a whole.
To do so, decision-making shall be determined by consensus. If consensus is not achievable, or it is inappropriate to the question, Robert’s Rules of Order will apply.
To promote consensus decision-making there must be:
- Balanced representation from both sectors and full and affiliate members;
- Agreement by all members to a transparent process of decision-making;
- Active member participation in All Member Group deliberations and decisions;
- Access to relevant, reliable, and timely information for decision-making.
There are currently 51 members representing their institutions at eHLbc All Member Group meetings. View All Member Group members.