You are here
DynaMed / DynaMed Plus
DynaMed is a tool developed by a community of clinicians who synthesize the evidence and provide objective analysis in an easily-digestible format. The DynaMed methodology for creating content is based on evidence-based medicine principles and best practices with a commitment to providing unbiased information to help guide physicians in their decision-making process.
One-click access to full-text articles makes it easy for users to read the original research. Designed to be interactive, DynaMed pushes information to users via alerts so they know when information has been updated. And best of all, DynaMed can be accessed anytime, anywhere from any device or system including mobile devices, tablets and EMRs.
Launched in 2014, DynaMed Plus is the clinical reference tool that clinicians go to for answers. Content is written by a world-class team of physicians who consistently and systematically identify, select, evaluate, summarize, and synthesize the best available evidence. Today, the DynaMed Plus editorial leadership team includes physicians with a wide range of specialties, including infectious diseases, paediatrics, internal medicine, neurology, and critical care.
Features available in DynaMed Plus that are not available in DynaMed:
- Access to over 10,000 graphics and images (none in DynaMed)
- Concise and actionable overviews and detailed recommendations (none in DynaMed)
- Precise search and discoverability results (DynaMed uses the old search engine)
- Robust content for more than 24 specialties (18 in DynaMed)
- An extensive network of clinical experts (four times more than in DynaMed)
- New partnerships to provide trusted content so clinicians can provide the best patient care possible (none in DynaMed)
- Drug content to help diagnosis with Micromedex Clinical Knowledge Suite (DynaMed uses AHS Drug Guide)
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) is included in the DynaMed Plus subscription and can be enabled for your users to claim CME credits (contact us for assistance)
Last updated: December 7, 2018
Full Resource Details
EBSCO database usage reports are available in EBSCOadmin. The Database Usage Report compiles database sessions, searches, and requests logged for all or selected databases in your EBSCOhost or EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS) profile.
For detailed instructions, see EBSCO's DynaMed Plus - Administration Guide.
Frequently Asked Questions
Licence & Terms Details
- Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine - DynaMed Plus
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia - DynaMed Plus
- First Nations Health Authority - DynaMed Plus
- Justice Institute of British Columbia - DynaMed Plus
- North Island College - DynaMed Plus
- Registered Massage Therapists' Association of British Columbia - DynaMed Plus
- University of British Columbia - DynaMed Plus
- University of Northern British Columbia - DynaMed Plus