You are here
Custom Start URLs and Persistent Links Guide
Custom starting URLs can be created, for many eHLbc resources, which provide direct access to specific databases, profiles & interfaces. As well as, persistent or permanent links to specific journal articles, publications or searches.
Need assistance updating or troubleshooting your custom and persistent URLs? Please contact us!
Custom Start URLS
- EBSCO Custom URLs: Check-out the EBSCO Direct URL Builder to create your starting links for EBSCO databases. You can indicate your desired authentication methods (eg. IP, Referrer URL or User ID Login) as well as add your Ezproxy prefix or a specific group of users. Please check-out the EBSCO Help or contact us for assistance if you've forgotten your Customer ID or would like some assistance using the builder.
- Ovid Custom URLs: Use the Ovid Jumpstart Utilities to create custom jumpstarts (starting URLs) to Ovid Databases. Or manually construct links to direct users to a particular OVID database using the Ovid Database Shortnames and custom "jumpstarts". Please note that elements of OVID jumpstart URLs are case-sensitive.
- Generic URLs: Generic URLs are available from the Full Resource Details section under each eHLbc eResource.
Persistent or Permanent URLS
You can also create permanent or persistent links to EBSCO & Ovid articles, journal titles or custom searches.
- EBSCO Permalink: Automatically generate a persistent link directly from within an Article, Publication (click the "Share" button) or Search in your EBSCO databases using the Permalink option.
- EBSCO Boxes: Create customisable HTML search boxes to embed on your website using the EBSCOHost Search Box Builder.
- EBSCO Permanent Links: Manually construct permanent links to EBSCO articles, journal titles, EDS, and custom search links. Your link can also include your proxy URL at the beginning. Check-out the EBSCO Help or contact us for assistance.
- Ovid Jumpstart URLs: Use the Ovid Jumpstart Utilities to generate custom jumpstarts (starting URLs) to Journals & Ovid Books (leave the Username/Password blank for IP or Ezproxy authentication).
- Ovid Permanent Links: You can also manually create permanent OVID URLs to full-text articles, custom searches, saved searches, journal issue lists, issue table of contents and browseable categories using OVID's guides and the Email Jumpstart or Email PDF Jumpstart option. Check-out their Email Jumpstart FAQs for additional information or contact us for assistance.