You are here
Premier Human Anatomy Package
The Primal Pictures Premier Human Anatomy Package provides perpetual access to all content and platform updates to Anatomy.TV that have been recently added, except the Disease & Conditions module, as well as unlimited simultaneous users access.
This offer is available to all eHLbc members including original 2012 subscribers to perpetual Anatomy.TV, participants of the 2016 upgrade and new eHLbc members. This resource offer includes the following:
2020 Content & Technical Updates (from the vendor):
- Perpetual access to the 2020 version of Primal Pictures products Anatomy.TV and Human Anatomy & Physiology Resources with unlimited simultaneous users access.
- PALMs (Perceptual Adaptive Learning Modules)
- A standalone interactive online adaptive tool that combines research-proven learning techniques with the most medically accurate 3D models of human anatomy. More information in PALM FAQs.
- 9 learning modules covering regional anatomy designed to tailor to each learner with research-proven perceptual and adaptive learning techniques and interactive format.
- Provides assessment tools allowing faculty to proactively evaluate groups or individuals.
- Technical Platform
- HTML5: New user interface with updated HTML5 accessibility compatible with new browsers, such as Chrome & Firefox, without the use of flash.
- 3D Embed Function: Allows faculty to embed content directly into their LMS, school page, or other location.
- Universal Smart Search: Gather focused results in seconds, giving faculty and students more direct and relevant results to their searches.
- 2020 Additional Updates
- *Disease & Conditions Module (not included)
- Disease & Conditions is a complete workflow from normal to diseased anatomy which solves the challenge of finding a single trusted content source tailored for patient education.
- Images, animations and guided videos are fully integrated and searchable in Primal’s Anatomy.tv Smart Search, ensuring users can find condition-specific content in context with normal anatomy.
- *Please contact us directly for information and pricing to subscribe to the new Disease & Conditions module also. This additional module is only available to ehHLbc members that subscribe to this Primal Pictures Premier Human Anatomy Package as it requires the new HTML5 platform. Five (5) year pricing available but not perpetual access.
Last updated: December 2, 2020
Full Resource Details
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I embed Primal Pictures using the "LMS/VLE" option (eg. Moodle or Canvas)?
- Libraries that wish to authenticate their Learning Management System (LMS) / Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) for Anatomy.TV modules can contact <email@example.com> with the URL of your LMS/VLE system (eg. <https://courses.kpu.ca/> for KPU's Moodle) for activation.
- Please let us know if you have any questions or would like us to contact Primal Pictures on your behalf.
How do Faculty & Students access the "Perceptual Adaptive Learning Modules (PALMs)" module?
- PALMs is designed to tailor specifically to your learning experience as you navigate the concepts and requires a personal login. For example, if a learner has trouble in a certain area PALMs recognizes this and circles back around to that same subject area more often until the learner has mastered the concept. Because of this personalized aspect of the resource, logins are specific to the learner. Primal Pictures is able to view the users on their system backend.
- For Students: To access your personalized learner experience within PALMs, access your institutional subscription first from your Library Databases pages. Then click on the PALMs section to login or sign-up to be automatically self-registered (after authentication from your home library). PALMs help documentation for Students here: https://www.anatomy.tv/anatomytv/help-palms.aspx
- For Faculty: For faculty registration, please contact your home library to request a faculty account. eHLbc member libraries can email <firstname.lastname@example.org> to submit Faculty to Primal Pictures for PALMs administrator account creation. Please include the Faculty Name (First & Last) and institutional Email Address. PALMS help documentation for Teachers & Administrators here: https://www.anatomy.tv/anatomytv/help-palms.aspx
- For Institutions with privacy concerns about PALMs accounts we recommend contacting us for more information. And Libraries may wish to assign Faculty Admin accounts to Liasion Librarians only.
How do Faculty access the "Anatomy and Physiology Faculty Area" module?
The Anatomy and Physiology Faculty Area can be accessed by Faculty reaching out to Primal Pictures directly <email@example.com> or by contacting their library (please let us know if you'd like us to contact the vendor on your behalf). The faculty area contains an image bank and other helpful teaching aides designed to provide Faculty with the means too quickly & easily save, download and integrate content with your LMS system or teaching materials.
- Overview Guide: Primal Pictures 3D Human Anatomy & Physiology Faculty Resources Handout.pdf
- Faculty Area User Guide: Primal Pictures 3D Human Anatomy & Physiology Faculty Area User Guide.pdf