Connect to the Database
*Core Resource* Evidence Based Medicine Reviews (EBMR) is the definitive resource in evidence based medicine that provides topic reviews, article reviews, and methodology reviews.
EBMR includes the following 7 resources in a single, fully searchable database:
- ACP Journal Club
Enhanced abstracts of clinically relevant and sound studies published in top clinical journals. They include commentaries on the applicability of these studies to clinical practice.
- Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials
Over 350,000 bibliographic references to controlled trials in health care, and imposes quality control standards on included references to ensure that only reports of definite randomized controlled trials or controlled clinical trials are included.
- Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews
These reviews allow clinicians to get fast, "bottom line" answers to their most commonly-asked questions, based on a comprehensive and expert analysis of the available medical literature. Includes links to PDFs of the Topic Reviews, the Cochrane Database of Methodology Reviews (CDMR), full-text methodology reviews that summarize the empirical basis for decisions about methods in systematic reviews (includes complete reviews and protocols).
- Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effectiveness (DARE)
Selected systematic reviews on the effectiveness of clinical interventions and policies from databases such as MEDLINE and through manual review of the primary literature. These high-quality reviews are based on evaluation of literature searching, inclusion criteria, study assessment, and synthesis. Selected articles are summarized and evaluated in comprehensive full-text reports.
- NHS Economic Evaluation Database (NHSEED)
Over 6,000 abstracts of quality assessed economic evaluations to assist decision-makers by systematically identifying and describing economic evaluations, appraising their quality and highlighting their relative strengths and weaknesses.
- Health Technology Assessments (HTA)
In collaboration with Sweden’s International Network of Agencies of Health Technology Assessment, HTA brings together details on ongoing studies of the medical, social, ethical and economic implications of healthcare interventions. It contains 4,000 records of completed and ongoing assessments from members of INAHTA.
- Cochrane Methodology Register (CMR)
A bibliography of more than 9,000 references to controlled trials in journal articles, book chapters, conference proceedings and reports, and other publications of methodologies used in health studies.
Usage statistics are available at Ovid WebSTATS.
- BC Institute of Technology
- Camosun College
- Capilano University
- College of New Caledonia
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia
- College of the Rockies
- Douglas College
- Fraser Health Authority
- Interior Health Authority
- Justice Institute of British Columbia
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- Langara College
- Registered Massage Therapists' Association of British Columbia
- Ministry of Children and Family Development
- Ministry of Health
- Nicola Valley Institute of Technology
- North Island College
- Northern Health Authority
- Northern Lights College
- Northwest Community College
- Okanagan College
- Providence Health Care
- Provincial Health Services Authority
- Royal Roads University
- Selkirk College
- Simon Fraser University
- Thompson Rivers University
- Trinity Western University
- University of British Columbia
- University of Northern British Columbia
- University of the Fraser Valley
- University of Victoria
- Vancouver Coastal Health Authority
- Vancouver Community College
- Island Health Authority
- Vancouver Island University
- Yukon College
- Yukon Health and Social Services
- Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine
- First Nations Health Authority
- College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia
- Association of Registered Nurses of British Columbia